Looking for a better way to track your sales team’s activities and deals? Keep reading to learn about the 10 best sales tracking tools in 2023.
What are sales tracking tools?
Sales tracking tools are software solutions that help sales teams track their leads, deals, and sales activities.
Sales tracking software typically offers a range of features, including lead management, deal tracking, sales forecasting, and reporting.
By using a sales tracking tool, sales teams can gain better visibility into their sales pipeline, improve collaboration, and increase sales efficiency.
Sounds good? Let’s get into our list of the best sales tracking software available in 2023.
If you’re using Salesforce, you need Weflow in your tech stack.
Weflow offers a range of features to help you make the most of Salesforce data, such as:
- It alerts you when something in your pipeline goes off track. For example, you’ll be notified when there’s no deal activity for a long time or a close date has been pushed too many times. You can set up custom alerts to get notifications for specific events.
- To keep you informed on your team's performance and the status of each opportunity, Weflow provides detailed reports on your sales pipeline. You can then use these to identify trends, forecast revenue, and make data-driven decisions.
- With Weflow, you can track your team's sales activities, such as calls, emails, meetings, and other custom activities. Best of all, it’s easy to log any custom activity with the help of quick actions.
- Weflow’s Chrome extension automatically logs your team's emails in Salesforce, making it easy to keep track of all your communication with leads and customers.
Weflow offers a free plan with access to critical features like deal alerts and pipeline reports. If you need more advanced features like sales activity tracking and email logging, you'll need to upgrade to a paid plan.
Weflow's paid plans include:
- Team – The Team plan costs $39/user/month and includes an unlimited number of users. In addition to the features available in the free plan, users also get access to note templates, bulk updates, group reports, and more.
- Business – The Business plan is $59/user/month and covers an extensive range of features, including custom deal alerts, automated email logging, and more.
2. Salesforce Sales Cloud
Salesforce Sales Cloud offers a wide range of features to help you manage your sales pipeline and track key metrics.
The key features of Salesforce Sales Cloud include:
- Lead management – Salesforce saves teams time by automatically routing and assigning leads to the right reps. You can use it to set up automated workflows to streamline your sales process.
- Sales analytics and reporting – You can use Salesforce to create detailed reports on your sales pipeline, filled with insights into your team's performance and the status of each opportunity.
- Sales forecasting – With Salesforce Sales Cloud, you also get the option to create custom sales forecasts based on historical data and current opportunities. You can also track your progress against your forecast and make adjustments as needed.
Tip: To increase data accuracy and save your team’s time, connect Weflow to your Salesforce account.
Salesforce Sales Cloud offers several pricing plans, starting at $25/user/month for the Essentials plan. This plan covers all the essential sales tracking and management features.
However, in order to access forecasting, opportunity and lead scoring, quote management, and advanced reporting features, you’ll need to opt for one of the more expensive plans.
3. HubSpot Sales Hub
HubSpot Sales Hub is much more than just a sales tracking app — it’s an all-in-one sales automation tool that provides sales teams with the necessary features to streamline their sales processes, from lead generation and contact management to deal closure.
HubSpot’s best sales tracking features include:
- Customizable dashboards – Sales teams get access to a customizable dashboard where they can access and monitor their sales pipeline, including deals, leads, and opportunities. The dashboard includes reports that offer insights into sales team performance, such as the number of deals closed, the average deal size, and the time it takes to close a deal.
- Email tracking – Sales Hub offers email tracking, which enables sales teams to track email opens, clicks, and replies.
- Conversation intelligence – The AI-powered assistant tracks, analyzes, and transcribes your sales calls to help you discover opportunities for improvement. It’s also a great feature for monitoring new reps’ performance and helping them get up to speed faster.
HubSpot Sales Hub has three pricing plans: Starter, Professional, and Enterprise. The Starter plan begins at $50/user/month (with two users already included in the plan) and covers basic features such as email tracking and simple sales automation.
The Professional plan costs $500/month and includes more advanced features such as sales automation, predictive lead scoring, and custom reporting. The Enterprise plan is custom-priced and includes all the features of the Professional plan, as well as advanced security and support.
Copper is a CRM tool designed specifically for small and mid-sized businesses. Its sales tracking and management features include:
- Pipeline management – Copper's pipeline management tool allows sales reps to visualize their sales pipeline and monitor the progress of their deals.
- Sales forecasting – Copper has a built-in sales forecasting feature that provides you with insights into your sales team’s deals, including win probability and expected revenue.
- Email tracking – Copper enables sales reps to track their email correspondence, including email opens and clicks. It’s also capable of automatically scoring leads based on email engagement and web visits.
- Sales reporting – You can choose from a variety of report templates to create sales reports that reflect your specific business needs.
Copper starts at $29/user/month. In the Basic plan, users get access to features like pipeline management, email integration, and task management.
Bulk email sending and sales workflow automation are available in the Professional plan, which costs $69/user/month.
Close is an all-in-one platform for customer relationship management and sales automation. It offers a great toolkit for sales tracking:
- Multiple pipelines – With Close, you can create multiple pipelines that are tailored to specific teams, products, and processes.
- Opportunities view – Close’s sales reporting lets you calculate KPIs for your sales team, identify leaks in your funnel, and unlock your revenue potential.
- Deal reporting and forecasting – You can track the actual and expected values within every stage of your pipeline in a given timeframe.
Close’s pricing starts at $29/user/month.
Attio is a young and innovative CRM platform that offers a suite of features for sales tracking and analytics.
Easy sales reporting and analytics are the main focus of the platform:
- Detailed reporting – Attio offers advanced analytics to help you identify trends and patterns in your sales data, allowing you to make more informed decisions.
- Customizable views – You can organize, sort, and filter your contacts and deals in a variety of different ways.
- Chrome extension – Access your CRM data fast without moving to the Attio interface. For example, you can view your deal activity while browsing your prospect’s website or edit your contact data when reading through their LinkedIn profile.
Attio offers a free plan for small teams. Paid plans start at $29/user/month.
Pipedrive offers a range of features for sales tracking and reporting. One of its key features — and you can guess it from the name — is its visual pipeline management system, which allows you to see the status of all of your deals at a glance.
Other than that, Pipedrive offers:
- Customizable dashboards – You can create customizable dashboards to track deals (e.g., see which accounts drive the most revenue), sales activities, revenue forecasts, and team goals.
- Deal alerts – If a deal is idle for a long time, Pipedrive will let you know. You can define the deal rotting period based on the peculiarities of your sales process.
- Recurring revenue – Track repeat purchases from customers and see how recurring revenue adds up to your sales revenue.
Other notable features include email tracking and lead scoring.
Pipedrive’s pricing starts at $11.90/user/month.
8. Zendesk Sell
Zendesk Sell is a sales CRM platform that focuses on enhancing sales productivity for small businesses.
One of its benefits over other CRM tools is an intuitive interface, which makes it easy to track and manage your sales pipeline. In terms of tracking and reporting functionality, Zendesk Sell offers:
- Productivity features – Zendesk Sell monitors your sales performance and offers insights on deal activity and key sales activities in customizable dashboards.
- Custom views – You sort contacts in multiple different ways and save your most frequently used data views.
- Sales forecasting – Zendesk doesn’t lag behind its competitors and offers sales forecasting tools that you can use to estimate the likelihood of winning deals and forecast sales performance.
Zendesk Sell offers three pricing plans: Team, Professional, and Enterprise.
The Team plan costs $19/user/month, billed annually. This plan includes features like call tracking, sales pipeline management, and pre-built sales dashboards.
Sales forecasting and advanced activity reports are available in the Professional ($49/user/month) and Enterprise ($99/user/month) plans.
9. Zoho CRM
Zoho CRM has a range of features to help businesses track, analyze, and forecast sales performance.
Some of the platform’s key features include:
- Sales forecasting – Zoho CRM provides a sales forecasting tool that predicts future sales revenue based on historical data. There’s also an AI-powered assistant, called Zia, that breaks down your deals by win probability.
- Sales pipeline management – You can create a customizable sales pipeline to track your sales activities from lead generation to deal closure. The pipeline includes deal stages, deal values, conversion rates, and other critical metrics.
- Mobile sales tracking – Zoho CRM offers a mobile app that allows sales reps to access their sales data and track their activities on the go.
Zoho CRM has a free plan for up to 3 users. Paid plans start at $20/user/month.
Freshsales is cloud-based CRM software known for its simplicity. The platform offers a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for sales teams to track deals and monitor progress in real-time.
Alongside activity reporting and customizable dashboards, Freshsales offers:
- Multiple views – With customizable views, you get a 360-degree view of your customer data and quickly access the information you want. You can even edit customer profiles in bulk.
- AI-based contact scoring – The software can identify the most sales-ready prospects based on positive and negative signals, allowing you to prioritize your sales activities and close deals faster.
- Forecasting – Freshsales provides AI-powered forecasting tools that help sales teams plan their sales pipeline and set realistic goals.
Freshsales is available from $15/user/month. Advanced features, including AI-powered win probability insights, AI forecasting, and multiple sales pipelines are available in the Pro ($39/user/month) and Enterprise ($69/user/month) plans.
Get started using sales tracking tools
Sales data management and reporting can take hours of work every day unless you choose a quality sales tracking platform. Pick a tool from our list of the top sales tracking software options, and you’ll never have to struggle with sales reporting and analytics again.
While you’re here, check out these guides: